Check Engine light and stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few plugs would give you HELL cause they are a pain to get to.

Im still looking for a socket i dropped somewhere in the truck lol...

blown87notch

Reaction score
Originally posted by lakmflx
A few plugs would give you HELL cause they are a pain to get to.

Im still looking for a socket i dropped somewhere in the truck lol...

LOL yeah mine ate an extension of mine...it's gone forever.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, to this day i haven't found it but i know its stuck somewhere. Oh well lol.

cfeltenberger

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my '03 5.4L. It turned out to the be the no. 2 cylinder ignition coil. I was told that each cylinder on that motor has it's own coil, and it failed. Replaced (about $250 at dealer) and I was good to go.

HI Expedition

Reaction score
there is a tool collector compartment under the intake manifold. It also is good for storing nuts bolts and broken coil parts. I think that it is magnetic.

I also enjoy storing coil pieces in the spark plug holes. Nobody will ever find them there.

AW_3_3

Reaction score
We had this exact same problem last spring/summer with our 4.6. If you can get the OBD thing to connect, your looking for cylinder misfire. It seems the Coil-over-plug ignition coils go bad, and cause this. You also experiencing poor performance, much less power, and we had severe stumbling around 1500RPM. We had to replace 3/8 ignition coils, its a fairly easy fix to do at home, the parts cost $50 each. At the dealer, it is around $250-$300.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okiman