Checkin' in! got the Police Cruiser Expy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliDanimal

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I posted once before about brakes(no reply, lol), cause i was on a rush to scoop up a deal at the time. But now i figure i should formally introduce myself.

My name is Danny. Im new to this forum and new to Expeditions in general. I got a 2006 XLT decommissioned Sheriff's K9 Vehicle. Rubber Floors, Cloth infront, Vinyl 2nd row with no 3rd row or Center console(laaame). Grey and Black interior in pretty good condition still. Black body with Nerf Bars on the sides and rugged tires. Still Had the Gold reflective body vinyls that read SHERIFF and K9 on the body.

Solid whip all around except for an electrical problem; radio doesn't light up and some buttons don't function on the radio.
The first thing i replaced was the headlight lamps cause neither Hi or Low worked, The Low worked off the bat but the hi beam still wont light. and i keep getting a Check Battery icon on the dash. Still driveable though, its missing the fuse for the trailer lighting so im not sure if these are all related in some way. I imagine if it is related it might all have to do with all the electrical they pulled out when they decommissioned it(possible botched job) since i found a few bullets(live ammo) and a large white pill in between the rubber floor seams at the back oh and the Multi-tool they use to maintain rifles found inside the back compartment.

Just saying hey and im probably going to be visiting this forum alot, im liking this truck more and more everyday.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they didn't reflash the pcm and it still has the interceptor programming you'll have a fun ride.
I use to work on a few hand me down Interceptors, one of which didn't get reflashed. What a difference!

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they didn't reflash the pcm and it still has the interceptor programming you'll have a fun ride.
I use to work on a few hand me down Interceptors, one of which didn't get reflashed. What a difference!

this is the first I've heard about "interceptor" programming. I've got an 04 SSV; can you tell me more about this programming for the Interceptor? any links, etc., would be helpful.
thanks for your time.
jg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that's on "pursuit-rated" (PPV) vehicles... 2nd and 3rd gen were SSV = utility duty, K9, driving the boss etc

Then again, maybe not... my SSV feels peppier than the Navigator L I had, although that might be lighter weight equipment and SWB?

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that's on "pursuit-rated" (PPV) vehicles... 2nd and 3rd gen were SSV = utility duty, K9, driving the boss etc

Then again, maybe not... my SSV feels peppier than the Navigator L I had, although that might be lighter weight equipment and SWB?

mine does feel pretty peppy, but I've been assuming it's all in my head... in any case, I'd be willing to try an upgrade if I had the software.
jg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE