Choice of Front Struts for 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dmont

Reaction score
yeah, who wants to mess with assembling a shock+spring when you can buy the whole assembly? With so many F150's and Expo's on the road I'm surprised Bilstein doesn't offer a complete strut assembly.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aw come on, it ain't that hard to change just shocks. Done it twice now, once on my Expedition and once on my 06 F-150. Bilstein both times and loving them.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I echo the others, I’d just get the FoMoCo strut and coil assembly ones like 1955Moose said. All four on my 07’ were replaced with OEM and it still rides great! The FoMoCo ones will have the tag with cursive Ford Motor Company symbol on them. Not sure on the MotorCrafts. No complaints since the first set went over 100k, hopefully this set lasts too.

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, who wants to mess with assembling a shock+spring when you can buy the whole assembly? With so many F150's and Expo's on the road I'm surprised Bilstein doesn't offer a complete strut assembly.

Because all the preloaded ones available are crap.
Unloading a spring/strut is easy. If you can do the work to get it out you can unload one. May have to borrow a spring compressor but pretty much all parts stores rent them for free.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Black hit the nail on the head. I'm afraid of a $40 Chinese spring. Afraid that after a year my ass will be dragging like an old Lincoln with an engine block in the trunk.

Greg0197

Reaction score
It looks like people have tried a lot of different brands of springs and struts, has any one used the StrutMasters products? I’ve used them on a Mercedes I had and was very happy with their fir and quality.

Greg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks like people have tried a lot of different brands of springs and struts, has any one used the StrutMasters products? I’ve used them on a Mercedes I had and was very happy with their fir and quality.

Greg

Amazon sells a full 2nd gen 4 corners Navi/Expy coilover kit for $238... so pretty safe to say they're a Chinese part rebranding outfit

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Amazon sells a full 2nd gen 4 corners Navi/Expy coilover kit for $238... so pretty safe to say they're a Chinese part rebranding outfit

Pretty sure Strutmasters could be called a hybrid. The way their website reads is that the coil spring is made in the USA the rest of the components are made elsewhere and the whole things is assembled here in the states.
https://www.strutmasters.com/

Not sure where you are seeing $238 for all 4 corners. My Amazon is showing $583 and $94 shipping.

At that cost you could go with Bilstein 6112 coilover kit and 4600 rear shocks and only be a few bucks more expensive. I’d go with Bilstein over Strutmasters in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure Strutmasters could be called a hybrid. The way their website reads is that the coil spring is made in the USA the rest of the components are made elsewhere and the whole things is assembled here in the states.
https://www.strutmasters.com/

Not sure where you are seeing $238 for all 4 corners. My Amazon is showing $583 and $94 shipping.

At that cost you could go with Bilstein 6112 coilover kit and 4600 rear shocks and only be a few bucks more expensive. I’d go with Bilstein over Strutmasters in a heartbeat.

I just googled:
Strutmasters expedition

A $238 complete set on Amazon, apparently for 2nd gen, popped up

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just googled:
Strutmasters expedition

A $238 complete set on Amazon, apparently for 2nd gen, popped up

Interesting.
I have heard Sometimes Amazon jacks with pricing based upon accounts and location though never experienced it.
I get just a rear set for $263 and it is a shock and spring setup not a loaded coilover.

Strutmasters Rear Air Suspension Conversion Kit With Shocks for 1997-2002 Ford Expedition 2WD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JKNPBA2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nESqCbKE7ZG7C