Choice of Front Struts for 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to replace the front struts on my 2007. I'm running the originals at 215k miles! Can anyone comment on what I should look for, brand, quality, etc on a pair of front struts?

O'Reilly's has MasterPro's for $159 each. Autozone has Duralasts and Sensens for similar prices. I dont' want to pay Ford OEM prices....

Thanks for any advice.

dmont

Oreilly and Autozone "house brand" parts are ALL chinese or korean nonames rebadged, and marked up 2.5x, same crap you buy on ebay for $60 in a different box

Preassembled drop-in coilover readystrut options are:
1. The $60 nonames from ebay etc.
2. Monroe, pretty smooth for highway use
3. Rancho, $200ish, adjustible stiffness... kinda a pain in the azz to dial in, though, and can be kinda weird feel with LT tires for some reason. Provides slight lift and levels out the truck if installed on all 4 corners

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I never changed a strut without changing the spring. If I change just the strut, are there any other parts in there that I should order, like a spring pad or something else that wears?

Last edited:

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed Monroe quick struts on all 4 corner and happy so far. Looks and ride great. Amazon had the best price deal for me, delivered in 2 days.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilsteins are the way to go. Firmer drive and a lifetime warranty. I have them on my 05 Excursion and 17 Expy. When the struts/shocks die on my wife's 08 Expy (only has 76k miles) I will install Bilsteins.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a wonder why Bilstein STILL hasn't gotten around to offerring prebuilt complete coilover assemblies like everyone else...

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I for one want nothing to do with those big-ass springs.... i've seen a puny and thoroughly trashed bimmer 3series spring take a flying leap into the bushes, and don't even wanna know what'll happen if a beefy and still-useable big truck spring decides to hit you in the head

Also, when I was debating Bilstein vs. Rancho, it turned out that my used truck had an aftermarket quickstrut coilover in one corner that used a somewhat different design and wouldn't transplant onto a Bilstein

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Put Bilsteins on my 2000, and they were great, though had trouble getting them to fit. A perfect ride: quite firm but not hard enough to rattle anything. I just hope the ones for my 2008 will go in easier when the time comes.