Chrome Bevel on center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acf83

Reaction score
Anyone have the chrome trim on the center console bubble up? Mine is starting to and I am not sure if that is a warranty item?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have the chrome trim on the center console bubble up? Mine is starting to and I am not sure if that is a warranty item?

Read your vehicle warranty folder. Perhaps talk to the dealer service advisor?

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely worth trying.... That is no bueno... Do you clean your own interior? Any idea what cleaners have been used?

OP
OP
A

acf83

Reaction score
bought it used and it started shortly after i bought it. I have used only diluted SimpleGreen and water.

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
My console trim chrome in my used 18 Expy is scratched up, I assume from things being dragged across it. I pondered looking to find a replacement but it (surprisingly) doesn't really bug me that much. With 45k miles, it's in great shape, that trim piece is really the only thing with wear damage.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We were just taking about the chrome trim on the console yesterday. It's silly. Reflects sun into your eyes at just the wrong time & gets scratched easily as a lot of happens around that area. There has to be a better option for material they could use.

EdWeg

Reaction score
Got my 2018 used, out of warranty, with the same issue. That trim isn't a single replacement item, you have to replace the entire top console cover piece which costs about $900 plus installation for another couple of hundred, for a total of over a thousand. Agree that its a poor quality trim susceptible easily to damage. I made do with a little black electrical tape stuffed in here and there.

Last edited:

EdWeg

Reaction score
Got my 2018 used, out of warranty, with the same issue. That trim isn't a single replacement item, you have to replace the entire top console cover piece which costs about $900 plus installation for another couple of hundred, for a total of over a thousand. Agree that its a poor quality trim susceptible easily to damage. I made do with a little black electrical tape stuffed in here and there.

Last edited:

dtaylorfd

Reaction score

**** :facepalm:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1