Chrome Bevel on center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdWeg

Reaction score
Oh, and you have to add additionally for the film trim used to cover the console top to match interior trim too. Its not a cheap fix; and, what's to keep it from happening again - and soon too.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The console top tray can be easily replaced for around $300.

Has multiple part numbers depending on trim and color. One of them for the limited or platinum: JL1Z-78045A76-BA

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That trim should be deleted and just have the wood grain or whatever for the entire top. That reflective shit is dangerous and annoying

EdWeg

Reaction score
$300 - really? I'd gone to a Ford Dealership and an independent collision center, and both quoted that for just all of the labor to do all of the work on the console base part and trims - parts were extra. I may have to go to OK for a bargain like that. Even buying the cheaper ford parts, you still have the labor costs to be added - I'm not going to run the risk of causing even more damage to the replacement parts because of a lack of knowledge on doing the job right.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$300 - really? I'd gone to a Ford Dealership and an independent collision center, and both quoted that for just all of the labor to do all of the work on the console base part and trims - parts were extra. I may have to go to OK for a bargain like that. Even buying the cheaper ford parts, you still have the labor costs to be added - I'm not going to run the risk of causing even more damage to the replacement parts because of a lack of knowledge on doing the job right.

Yeah, the retail price of the whole tray is $433 and For some trims is $625. I can see it approaching $900 at the dealer with taxes.

but it is an easy DIY if you can buy it online.

EdWeg

Reaction score
Yet, is it worth that much money anyway for some piss poor shiny trim on the base top - not to me.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd buy the cheap one and take it to a car audio shop. They are usually quite good at interior trim..

pw1981

Reaction score
What about vinyl wrap for the shiny parts? Automotive wraps have come a LONG way in recent years and I bet a skilled vinyl person could apply a solid piece over the console then trim it out to only cover the chrome parts and look pretty good. They even have metallic films that could make it appear stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1