Code help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o63tihson

Reaction score
I have a 2017 expedition and am in need of a little help with codes. I upgraded the factory puddle lamps to led’s and they worked great for about a month and suddenly stopped. I got another pair figuring cheap Chinese junk but they won’t work. I tested all lights on a jump battery and they work fine. I read the codes with ForScan and get the following 3 codes that will not reset.

U1000:00-0A, solid state driver protection activated - driver disabled.

U3000:49-8A, control module.

B12C2:11-0A, puddle lamp.

I reset the body control module, and reinstalled the factory lights thinking that would also help, but no luck.

I’ve also been getting p1548:00-6C Air filter restriction that I can’t figure out. Multiple different air filters, cleaned all air sensors, code comes back after around 350 miles. No engine modifications except duel catch cans that collect a bunch of crud on the passenger’s side.

Thanks in advance for any help.

holeintheice

Reaction score
Crankcase Pressure Sensor? A model of your car may help. Sounds like one should put the stock bulbs back it? Different frequency.

OP
OP
O

o63tihson

Reaction score
Crankcase pressure sensor was tested and cleaned, code returned. Factory mirror lights were tested and worked before install. Added over 500 miles to the truck and they still haven’t turned back on. XLT EL

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for an hour and then reconnecting and see if the codes are either gone or you can reset them after power cycle?

OP
OP
O

o63tihson

Reaction score
Disconnected the battery for an hour and the codes are still there and won’t clear.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
U1000:00-0A, solid state driver protection activated - driver disabled.

U3000:49-8A, control module.

B12C2:11-0A, puddle lamp.

From what I can see in various manuals, some from other Ford models and brands Ford used to own (Jaguar) the first DTC is because the BCM sensed an unexpected high load on the circuits where you changed the bulbs and shut down those circuits to protect the rest of the system, It does this where it thinks the circuit might be a short to ground

It talks about first finding the short or source of the excessive load, fixing it and then using a dealer system to reset the driver protection.

Ill keep looking

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
U1000:00Solid State Driver Protection Actived -Driver Disabled: No Sub Type Information The module has temporarily disabled an output because an excessive current draw exists (such as a short to ground). The BCM cannot enable the output until the cause of the short is corrected. ADDRESS all other Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) first. After the cause of the concern is corrected, CLEAR the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). REPEAT the self-test. For additional information on BCM Field Effect Transistor (FET) protection,
REFER to: Module Controlled Functions - System Operation and Component Description (419-10 Multifunction Electronic Modules, Description and Operation).

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think this explains what you have going on.

Field-Effect Transistor (FET) Protection

A Field-Effect Transistor (FET) is a type of transistor that, when used with module software, monitors and controls current flow on module outputs. The FET protection strategy prevents module damage in the event of excessive current flow.

The BCM utilizes a FET protective circuit strategy for many of its outputs (such as a headlamp output circuit). Output loads (current level) are monitored for excessive current (typically short circuits) and are shut down when a fault event is detected. A short circuit DTC is stored at the fault event and a cumulative counter is started.

When the demand for the output is no longer present, the module resets the FET protection, allowing the circuit to function. If the circuit is still shorted the next time the driver requests a circuit to activate that has been shut down by a previous short ( FET protection), the FET protection shuts off the circuit again and the cumulative counter advances.

When the excessive circuit load occurs often enough, the module shuts down the output until a repair procedure is carried out. Each FET protected circuit has 3 predefined levels of short circuit tolerance based on the harmful effect of each circuit fault on the FET and the ability of the FET to withstand it. A module lifetime level of fault events is established based upon the durability of the FET . If the total tolerance level is determined to be 600 fault events, the 3 predefined levels would be 200, 400 and 600 fault events.

When a tolerance level is reached, the short circuit DTC that was stored on the first failure cannot be cleared by the clear the continuous DTCs command. The module does not allow this code to be cleared or the circuit restored to normal operation until a successful self-test proves that the fault has been repaired. After the self-test has successfully completed (no on-demand DTCs present), DTC U1000:00 and the associated DTC (the DTC related to the shorted circuit) automatically clears and the circuit function returns. The module never resets the fault event counter to zero and continues to advance the fault event counter as short circuit fault events occur.

If the number of short circuit fault events reach the third level, then DTCs U1000:00 and U3000:49 set along with the associated short circuit DTC. DTC U3000:49 cannot be cleared and the module must be replaced after the repair.

The BCM FET protected output circuits for the turn lamps system are the front turn and mirror turn lamp output circuits.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65