Coin Holder mod ideas needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Castro

Reaction score
What has everyone done with the small coin holder on left of the radio. Give me ideas

OP
OP
R

Robert Castro

Reaction score
Got this and thinking of installing it there. Also thinking of putting in behind the center console in the back seat under the AC controls.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like a great idea. May do this to my wife’s 2016 limited since it’s only 2WD

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
There's a small cubby hole to the right of my navi screen on my 17. If I didn't already have a bunch of USB ports from the factory, I'd probably do the same thing. Might make mine into a better cell phone holder. It's too small right now. Or maybe a switch plate for the winch and battery cable that goes to my rear hitch for a jumper cable plug-in/trailer battery charger.

17 Expedtion Factory Pics (9).jpg

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Mine is on the right of the radio (brake controller is in a matching pod on the left) above the power outlet in my '17. I used to put the power plug for my radar detector in there after unplugging from the truck so it wasn't dangling.

Ford outlets are always powered and anything left plugged in will suck the battery dry in an long weekend. (One of my gripes for the past 12+ years!) I now live in the only US state that prohibits radar detectors so the Garmin GPS power cord plug goes in there all by itself now when unplugged. More recent maps than the Sync 3 -- another gripe.

-- Chuck