Cold, fricken cold!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 Handler

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a remote start for my 'newer' 13 Expy. Sold my 06 and I think I can get a FoMoCo remote kit for it.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s 10 degrees here in the Washington DC metro area. The coldest New Year’s Day in 120 years!

Atman246

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not something we should be bragging about.. When i looked out this morning,the thermometer was around -18f,and i think it's "gone up" to -15. Apparently i live near the coldest nation's capital in the world. Brrr,frickin' brrrrr.

20180101_091317.jpg

Plati

Reaction score
Speakin of COLD and Expy's ... I have broken 2 window regulators on my 03 Expy in the cold weather and they cost hundreds each to have replaced. Happened to me both times in freezing weather so I avoid even trying to roll the window down unless everything is warmed up and the window isn't frozen to the seal. I always clean that line of ice that forms at the window seal. I think there must be a weak plastic part in there that cant take the stress and I don't like the stress of a broken window regulator. I think worst case it fails, falls down, and you have an open window?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speakin of COLD and Expy's ... I have broken 2 window regulators on my 03 Expy in the cold weather and they cost hundreds each to have replaced. Happened to me both times in freezing weather so I avoid even trying to roll the window down unless everything is warmed up and the window isn't frozen to the seal. I always clean that line of ice that forms at the window seal. I think there must be a weak plastic part in there that cant take the stress and I don't like the stress of a broken window regulator. I think worst case it fails, falls down, and you have an open window?

My window really struggled last night in -1 I had to push it up.

Plati

Reaction score
My window really struggled last night in -1 I had to push it up.
Leave them all closed until spring.
Glad I have EZPass!

I think the SLOW thing is a different problem, I have that also.
I've read other posts about slow window speed, might even be a lawsuit or TSB on that?

I started freezing ice when the cold snap began, stacking it ... 9 layers so far
This thing is solid ice, will be there until July.
Each layer is flattened and leveled using a hatchet and big woodsaw
Obviously I have way too much free time.
Might color the top orange and call it Trump Tower
or I might add fins and label it North Korean Rocket

Flag goes up top this afternoon!
God Bless America and Canada !!
IMG_0419.JPG

Last edited:

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So when the salesman said the truck came with remote start, I said yeah whatever, never needed it before. Now though with temps dipping below -30 C at night and sitting around -20 C during the day I'm glad I have it. Wish the seat warmers would stay on though.

david_jr

Reaction score
We were -14F this morning, fifth straight night below zero. Weatherman said normal high 31F. Warming up to near 20 by Thursday then back to an even colder snap next weekend according to him. My truck has been running ok, but the ABS light and traction control light are on and the 4WD is not working. Driveway is a sheet of ice so not so much fun.