cold weather air ride :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well this morning it was 25 degrees and I came out to my 03 navigator tuckin the passenger front tire. It airs up but slowly bleeds off then airs up again. Each time takin a lil longer to bleed off. I'm guessing the heat of the air is expanding the orings.

After reading and searching a lot in Google a lot say just to replace cap and orings.

But I was wondering is it really necessary to replace cap. Can't you just do orings. Or is the cap a one time use type deal. I was thinking of getting the oring kit from ford and replacing it. But need to know if I really need a cap. Or are the orings in the cap.

OP
OP

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's part # 18A099. In the morning as it's airing up you can hear air escaping. But one the solenoid closes and compressor stops then it gets quiet. So I'm not sure if it's the cap leaking or maybe oring on solenoid. If I shut off the suspension it takes a few hours for it to bleed down.

OP
OP

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran 2 tanks of gas with Chevron Techron ( recommended injector cleaner online) and cleaned Maf again and so far so good. Seems to run a lil better till this air bag problem. It's been in the 20-30's here. But if it don't get below 50 it dosnt leak. But hopefully that was only problem on the light. Have fingers crossed. If not imma try o2 sensor then injectors. But went by ford and ordered oring kit for front bag and solenoid. If still leaks I'll replace cap. They said some they had to replace cap and others they didn't. I havnt had it apart yet so not sure why cap would need replaced. Just a metal cap on top of bag from my understanding. Could be wrong. Guess well see this weekend or next hopefully.

Wonder when I replace the orings if I should put grease on them to help seal it. Or would it hurt the air system and just leave the rings dry?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless the instructions say not to lube an o-ring I always put grease or something on it. The one time I didn't the o-ring tore and I had to pull everything apart to fix it.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk