Auto start stop comes on more in cold weather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed the start stop didn’t happen much this summer. I actually thought that meant the battery was starting a slow death. Then to my surprise, as weather cooled off in November, it suddenly sprang back to life. It even comes on before fully warm. I thought it was to only work when engine was warm.

I’ve never put a blocker on it, only turned it off when kids were sleeping and it would wake them up with the action. Seems really weird it would do this. Anybody else notice theirs coming in more in the cold?

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can use your info screens to see why ASS isn't activating. If it's hot and the A/C is running full tilt, you won't see ASS activate much. I don't think it activates all summer on mine here in Texas.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn’t know that on the screens, thanks. I thought my kicked off during ac weather, maybe not. Have to pay more attention next summer. Could be all this is then.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can use your info screens to see why ASS isn't activating.
This. I discovered a couple of weird ones: it won't come on if the steering wheel is not straight/centered and annoyingly you must be in D. If you come to a stop to park, it will engage briefly until you move the shift knob from D to P. To fix this, I'm learning to simply hit the Start/Stop button with my foot on the brake without selecting P. This will automatically select P and shut off the engine.