Collision Assist not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...causes a loss of cruise control.

I have this problem: on startup, a message indicating that collision assist is not working, so disables cruise control.

I know it uses the front radar; is there away to disable the radar, but keep cruise control (and eliminate this error)?

William Miller

Reaction score
My Ford Dealer just yesterday presented me with a 1,300.00 dollar estimate to fix my 2019 Expedition XLT's radar. I was getting the message 'Pre-Collison Assistance Not Available' message on my dash and app. It also took Adaptive Cruise Control off-line.

Something impacted the front end and broke a mount tab off the radar emitter/antenna and broke the mounting bracket in the front bumper. Because the items are broken, it is not under warranty which I can understand.

The front bumper facia is fine except for a cracked right front tow hook bezel. A new tow hook bezel was 100.00 dollars all by itself! That is the ONLY sign that something hit the front end. The paint on the bumper facia is not scuffed or cracked.

I hope your issue doesn't cost a thing to fix!

Last edited:

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Ford Dealer just yesterday presented me with a 1,300.00 dollar estimate to fix my 2019 Expedition XLT's radar. I was getting the message 'Pre-Collison Assistance Not Available' message on my dash and app. It also took Adaptive Cruise Control off-line.

Something impacted the front end and broke a mount tab off the radar emitter/antenna and broke the mounting bracket in the front bumper. Because the items are broken, it is not under warranty which I can understand.

The front bumper facia is fine except for a cracked right front tow hook bezel. A new tow hook bezel was 100.00 dollars all by itself! That is the ONLY sign that something hit the front end. The paint on the bumper facia is not scuffed or cracked.

I hope your issue doesn't cost a thing to fix!
Deer between the headlights while stopped!! Bent radiator, grill destroyed, headlight mounts broken. Bumper was untouched. $15,400 and 5 weeks of shop time. I had 890 miles on it.
Stupid Buck had a thing for shiny stuff. Ran right into the truck.
Fenders untouched, hood had a small crease where the latch was pushed back.

Justdede

Reaction score
When I read this post I was surprised to see someone else had the same thing happen. I have a 2019 Expedition and also hit a deer with only 3K miles, 15K in repairs and 3 years later my Pre-collision assist is still not right. Had it replaced for an additional $1,800 and still getting those errors. Beyond frustrated with the dealer.