Comparing Motorcraft and Moog Stabilizer Bar Links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace these on my '11 EL Limited. What a difference in build between these two. I've read on some threads that the Moogs are great. They are also about half the price of the FoMoCo ones.

Opinions?

Pic 1. Moog
Pic 2. Motorcraft

31RDdUOMsfL.jpg 71DXkTEHiIL._SL1500_.jpg

71DXkTEHiIL._SL1500_.jpg

31RDdUOMsfL.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked RockAuto or Tasca parts on the FoMoCo ones? They are generally competitively priced.

Moog is decent, although I’ve noticed a lot of their stuff is being outsourced now.

OP
OP
hawkman71

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m sorry. I was not subscribed to my own thread it seemed. I ended up with Moog and I had a great coupon code. They go in so easy that if I need/want to replace them in a few years, I can/will. They had zerts for grease so I’m good. Thanks for your response.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
What I noticed about Moog's race to Chinese junk is that their rubber dust covers are no longer sealed to the part. I presume this will permit water penetration and accelerate deterioration. They used to have a top quality product, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Beckta10

Reaction score
What I noticed about Moog's race to Chinese junk is that their rubber dust covers are no longer sealed to the part. I presume this will permit water penetration and accelerate deterioration. They used to have a top quality product, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I think you’re spot on. I have replaced the sway bar links on my 01 tundra with moog parts. I replaced one side twice and the other once and I’ve noticed the dust covers don’t work well and do let everything in. I personally wouldn’t buy them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on MOOG in recent years. However, I consider most of Ford's suspension parts to be garbage (based on personal experiences w/ premature failure). If I had to pick between only those 2 I would choose MOOG as I figure I may at least have a chance of a decent part.

Then again, you never know who's making those MOOG parts. I picked up 2 MOOG wheel bearing assemblies not long ago. One was stamped MOOG; the other was stamped SKF (both the same part #). They seemed to be of equal quality, but it's not hard to envision another scenario where one is Chinese junk and the other is a quality part.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a "new" company offering some beefy suspension parts- at least for the 1st gen.

Mevotech is the brand and Trail (or something to that effect) is their model line. It's noticeably bigger than factory parts.

When the time comes for me, I'm going to get Mevotech.