Compass in Driver Controls in 2003 EB Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kasper

Reaction score
I have found that the compass in my dashboard keeps going from whatever direction I am heading to dash marks, '--'. It keeps going back and forth between the direction and the dash marks. Also I try to do a Compass Zone Adjustment by the directions in the Owner's Guide, but the zone screen never shows up after the 6 second hold of the trip/reset button.

Another thing is my dashboard is registering my 'Doors Ajar' when all my doors are closed. I have gotten out of my truck to open all my doors and shut them again to make sure they are closed all the way, but I keep getting the error that my 'Doors Ajar'.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The door ajar is a common issue that easily fixed by spraying WD-40 in ALL of the door locks. After thats done be sure to cycle the locks a few times (lock/unlock) oh and dont forget to spray the rear hatch window lock as well. This will make the door ajar light go away 99% of the time, if it doesnt go away however, how may have a bad sensor.

Last edited: