Coolant Leak around header???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy Craig

Reaction score
Just bought last night woke up this morning and noticed a coolant leak around the header that is accompanied with an exaust leak. Anyone have any idea what the cause of the leak may be?

CD108D80-ED07-4891-920B-B7A5F022DE68.jpeg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should have had it checked before you bought my friend. It's probably the head gasket. What year/engine size? 2 most common leaks are head gasket or cracked intake manifold, or failing intake gasket. Take a deep breath, and pressurize system to narrow down leak. Did you buy from private party, or a lot/dealer. Hope you got a great price? One last thing we sometimes take a few hours to get back to you, so welcome, and try to be patient.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jeremy Craig

Jeremy Craig

Reaction score
It has an exaust leak coming from same area..

Should have had it checked before you bought my friend. It's probably the head gasket. What year/engine size? 2 most common leaks are head gasket or cracked intake manifold, or failing intake gasket. Take a deep breath, and pressurize system to narrow down leak. Did you buy from private party, or a lot/dealer. Hope you got a great price? One last thing we sometimes take a few hours to get back to you, so welcome, and try to be patient.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's actually 4.6 but thanks. That's a lot for a possible blown gasket, but no worries. How good are your mechanical abilities? You also have an exaust leak due to possible bad studs/gaskets on Exaust manifold. Very common on all 4.6/5.4 motors. Anyway you look at it, sorry to say you've got some work on your hands. How many miles on this new purchase? I'd get a Ford repair CD online before you dig in. Don't buy the books from your parts store, they never cover what you need, when you need it. I'm sure we'll talk again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik