Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the hose connector at the bottom of the degas tank, they're a problem, the coolant line fittings on the turbos, also a common problem. My waterpump never showed any signs of leakage until the bearing failed and lost most of the coolant inside of a minute.

In addition to the water pump and a heater hose fitting, the degas bottle leaked on my 2015 Expedition Limited. All replaced by the dealer.

Michael Egerman

Reaction score
My 2017 is in the shop for a coolant leak that I could not find. We pressure tested for five hours as it was a very small leak. Eventually found a puddle under the left rear wheel. Turns out the metal coolant line to tg the rear heater was weeping at the aluminum crimp. Both lines are being replaced. If you have coolant level loss then do a pressure test.

fireman643

Reaction score
Just replaced my water pump 2017 3.5 ltr. It leaks and runs under the intake to the transmission and with the belly pan you never see it . My service guy caught it while oil change , it did have a little belt rattle when 2st started but I had chalked it up to cold .. anyway all good now !