Coolant Leak HELP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
I have tried searching the past posts but got now where. my 99 EB 5.4l is leaking coolant. First it was from the top of the motor, under the TB a part called (by pass valve) got it at the dealer (Parts stores did have it). Now it is leaking from the back of the motor by the firewall, I cant see behind/up there. does any one have a diagram or picture or maybe dealt with this before? This is my family suv not a weekend toy. I have a broken left leg & knee injury so getting under the truck or on top it isn't easy but it has to get done. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
D

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
Pulled the carpet back onthe passenger side stuck my hand on what I think is the air box & felt around no coolant there at all. I was thinnking at first is was the H.C. I also checked the line about 3/4" going & coming from the fire wall (think those are for the heater core) they aren't leaking. There is one hose that comes from a "t" under the TB that goes up and behing the intake manifold but I can't see where it goes to after that nor can I feel.

OP
OP
D

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
anyone have a picture of the rear of a 5.4 motor with the hoses attached? please.

OP
OP
D

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
It turned out to be a rusted out pin hole on the transfer tube, its not to expensive although it is a dealer part. (abour 30$ if i remember correctly) Do it yourself and you will save about 700 from the dealer.

Just make sure you buy new gaskets for the upper & lower intake plemum. Also make sure you double check to make sure that the dealer gives you the correct one as they make two. One with the rear heat, one with out. I took mine up there just to eye ball them together. THey ended up giving me the wrong one...lol But i was able to tell them before I left and they had to order another one. Also you will need to buy new O rings as well so you may want to just pick that up at the dealer at the same time.

Let me know if you need any help or questions happy to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr