coolant leaking at coil pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

watsonj8

Reaction score
Head

It was a cracked head. After removing the head I looked in the cylinder hole where the sparkplug goes. Then I seen the crater of a hole. Have changed the head out and I am having trouble retiming the engine. When I first installed the timing chain the chain jumped. But, the million dollar question is, could the drivers side chain jump even though I never removed it?

OP
OP
W

watsonj8

Reaction score
was a cracked head, know much about re-timing the engine, think my timing jumped. or should i say i know my timing jumped. I never removed the drivers side timing chain, could there be a chance that the drivers side jumped?

OP
OP
W

watsonj8

Reaction score
never leaked into the head, it was a good size hole in the cylinder hole where the spark plug goes

Leftyg3

Reaction score
hi there fellas,
i noticed yesterday that there was steam coming out from under the hood and upon closer inspection i discovered that water was leaking from a metal tube that connects to a rubber hose right next to the spark plugs on the front passenger side of the engine

does anyone know what this piece is called or how to remove it? ive attaced an image

thank you for the help

404957_2946889277634_1423358066_33118311_143129264_n.jpg

Marv02

Reaction score
Know wounder it's leaking you need to clean it every now and then.

hi there fellas,i noticed yesterday that there was steam coming out from under the hood and upon closer inspection i discovered that water was leaking from a metal tube that connects to a rubber hose right next to the spark plugs on the front passenger side of the engine

does anyone know what this piece is called or how to remove it? ive attaced an image

thank you for the help

404957_2946889277634_1423358066_33118311_143129264_n.jpg

Leftyg3

Reaction score
that metal tube is broken right at the base. i don't think cleaning would have saved it from that haha

anyway, does anyone know how to remove this?
my guess is that it is not threaded and just held in place by sheer pressure but id like to be sure before a break something else!

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have seen more problems coming from cleaning engines especially these 5.4 liters. water gets under coil pack and causes all sorts of issues. these 5.4s run better clean. if you build up 350 or 302 for a toy ya keep it clean but if you buy one of these trucks and its already dirty your better off leaving it alone.

Marv02

Reaction score
I spray my engine and wipe off it's a 5.4 off about every 6 months or so I have to drive across a dusty dirt road that turns in to mud when it rains, to get to my house so far I have not had any issues keeping it clean.

As for my Toy car the motor get washed off about every other month to keep the polished Valve cover cleaned and polished every other week.

It easy to keep it clean but once a car gets grime and dirt all over it that when yoyu have to wash the Do Do out it and start getting water in places it should not be at.

Oh Ya my Toy car has a lot of electrical conection all over the motor also It's also fuel injected never have any problems with it either.

i have seen more problems coming from cleaning engines especially these 5.4 liters. water gets under coil pack and causes all sorts of issues. these 5.4s run better clean. if you build up 350 or 302 for a toy ya keep it clean but if you buy one of these trucks and its already dirty your better off leaving it alone.

Last edited:

Leftyg3

Reaction score
well, since there seems to be no information on this metal fitting, i just went ahead and used some jb weld on it.
ill let you know if it works....