costs to install new body mounts, 2008 XLT ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I heard knocking. Thought it was inside but could not find it. Looked under body and body mounts have no rubber. What was left crumbled in my hand. What should costs be to replace these? I think there are six? Part numbers? Better to go rubber or poly? Thanks!

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The poly is not going to absorb movement as well as rubber. Unless you are offroading a good bit, wouldn't make much difference

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to local Ford Dealership. They seem to be extra busy or extra shorthanded. They gave me an appointment to have someone look at my car, next Tuesday at 8:30. Seems all dealers are shorthanded.

She did check Amazon for parts, which surprised me. Said cost was about $190. She mentioned poly and said Florida heat shouldn't destroy them as fast as rubber. I have always used poly bushings to replace rubber. I couldn't tell much difference between the two.

As usual the low cost of parts will be offset by hours of labor. I tried to get her to say how long to install but she wouldn't fall for it. I don't blame her. Never can tell when shit happens..

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just checked mileage on this Expedition. It is less than 60,000. One of two things. Ford made this a crappy car or the speedometer has been changed.

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At dealership at 8:30 to have car "inspected". Sure enough "all eight bushings need replaced". No surprise there. Now waiting for a phone call of costs and time.

Dealership seemed like a ghost town. New cars limited. No one car on the showroom floor. The usual line checking in was just a line of one, me. I thought this was just this one dealership but even the "big car dealer", the one with five or six dealerships, did not have the normal customer lines and inventory. Seems even the department heads are wearing morer than one hat. I guess everyone is cutting back for these COVID had times.

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No call telling me costs, appointment time or anything. I drove to dealership to see what is happening and was told no total costs were added, yet. While I stood there the numbers came together, like magic. Total is to be $1,050.00. No idea when parts will be in to do the work because bolts are on a "national list" not available. It is not surprising the dealership was like a ghost town.

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The body mounts were changed along with the right rear shock mount. Car drives like it only has 60,000 miles on it. Oh! Wait! It does only have 60,000 miles on it.

Now, after trying to fill the fuel tank the gas pump would not shut off but I saw gas running on the ground. ****! Something left undone or a hose broken. The tank holds about 33 gallons but it would only take 28 before running gas on ground. I could not tell where gas was running from.

Another trip to dealer to see if they will fix the missing hose or try to get another repair bill from me.

I did look under the car. The hoses to the metal filler tubes seem tight. There are three hoses rising to the fill port. One is not connected to anything. It is wiretied to the other hoses and has a elbow at the top end. I didn't see where it went. Maybe it is the hose to force pump nozzles to shutoff? Maybe I can find out where it goes.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the reserve is 5 galleons when it says 0 miles to E it’s physically impossible to get 33 gallons in the tank unless you took a drill bit to the bottom. It probably going out the vent hose…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1