cover kicklift sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klimford

Reaction score
2020, HD tow package. The kicklift feature is a pita when I'm hitching or unhitching a trailer. Can someone tell me where the sensors are located so I can cover them with tape or somehow disable them without turning off the entire power liftgate and seats memory through the control panel. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

OP
OP
K

klimford

Reaction score
Just came across previous thread on unplugging wire to kicklift. Don't know how to remove my original post so never mind.

kodigray2015

Reaction score
There is a single wire antenna that you will need to unplug from the control box up inside the driver side of the rear bumper. Make sure you tape the plug and the socket in the box once disconnected to keep dirt out of the connections.

The control box should be above the hitch and just toward the driver side.
It will take 5 min and the only function you lose is the foot activation. All other lift gate buttons and functions will still work.

OP
OP
K

klimford

Reaction score
kodigray2015 - Thanks for that pertinent info. Easy peasy. Now no more sneak attacks when hooking up the trailer.