Crank case pressure sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric Simnick

Reaction score
Was wondering how hard it is to change the crank case pressure sensor and tube on 2015 expedition? Check engine light came on, took it the dealer and they said it is the crank case pressure sensor, they reset the fault and the light hasn't come back on yet after 2 weeks. Supposed to get it changed tomorrow but thinking about doing it myself and saving $200 or if I even need to since the light has not come back on. Also I had it changed once already when it was still under warranty, I believe around 32k miles and it now has 76k miles, is this common for this sensor to go out?

Bigfishfin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was wondering how hard it is to change the crank case pressure sensor and tube on 2015 expedition? Check engine light came on, took it the dealer and they said it is the crank case pressure sensor, they reset the fault and the light hasn't come back on yet after 2 weeks. Supposed to get it changed tomorrow but thinking about doing it myself and saving $200 or if I even need to since the light has not come back on. Also I had it changed once already when it was still under warranty, I believe around 32k miles and it now has 76k miles, is this common for this sensor to go out?

Similar story for me with my 2015. I had this part replaced at about the 25,000 mile point and the dealer "tried" to clip me for $250 (had the trouble code before and while under warranty)...Is this part trouble prone?..