crc guaranteed to pass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with this product? i’m taking a $20 gamble that it works for having to replace another stupid oxygen sensor. (i’m not a diy guy)

i’m following the instructions exactly as they are stated I’m 125 miles in to the tank and the light is still on. Tags expire in a few days so either the light needs to go off or I have to buy an o2 sensor. I think there’s something in those sensors that make them go out every December. ;)

I have code P0141.

I’m tired of fixing things on this suv. I only put a few thousand miles on it a year but also spend about $1000 a year fixing it. So not too happy about another thing to fix.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If a sensor is bad or if the wires get pulled or melted then nothing is going to fix it or make the light go out but replacing the bad parts.

A weak converter (P0420 or P0430) can often be gotten around with a cat cleaner additive or I use 3 large bottles or 92% iso rubbing alcohol in 1/8 tank of fuel and punch it hard a few times and let it shift high and blow it our really well.

Many people thing 0420/0430 are O2 codes when in fact they are really the 02 sens doing its job perfectly and reporting the converter not doing its job so well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nycnftm

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
always something

I’ll get it done this week. I just bring it to Ford. Every time I go to a local place I have to go twice rather pay more for the dealership and have a it done right the first time

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
always something

I’ll get it done this week. I just bring it to Ford. Every time I go to a local place I have to go twice rather pay more for the dealership and have a it done right the first time
That's really sad that the other shops are that incompetent. I have found it's best to stay away from the dealer on everything but very new or radical design things that other people don't understand. For instance, the original Ford Taurus s h o that had the Yamaha engine. This was not something to take to normal shops as they didn't understand and they would just throw Parts at it. The valves were adjusted basically like a motorcycle and not like hardly any cars in existence. So these it was best to go to the dealer and on stuff that's very new but by this point there is no reason to take a 3 valve to a dealer as the independent people oh, at least the smart ones, had already figured out better ways to fix them then the dealer.
It doesn't even sound like you need to go to a shop right now, it just needs more diagnosing which can be free. What codes are popped when the check engine light comes on? Do you have a scanner? You can go to any auto parts store and they will read the codes for you and if you're nice to them they will probably let you reset them. Then see what code pops back on so you can confirm what is causing your fault. This should be a simple diagnosis and a quick easy fix with just one part replacement. If it is a converter getting weak then a muffler shop would be a much better solution than a dealer but the best solution would be to find a good used one or a salvage yard if you can find one that will sell you with a converter and bolt it on yourself as most forwards it's a quick easy bolt-on operation if it's not super old and rusty.

Edit:
I just saw that you posted with a code PO141. This is almost always just a bad oxygen sensor or the wires have pulled out or they're somehow frayed or melted. So either wiring near the sensor or the sensor itself. These sensors go for about 20 bucks or less on eBay. Why don't you order one and give it a try? You haven't got that much to lose but a whole lot of potential savings to gain.
It looks like it's bank 1 sensor 2 so it will be on the passenger side and it's the one after the converter so it's very easy to get to.
Soak it with some PB Blaster or liquid wrench might make it easier to remove but you can take that out with a pair of vice grips or big adjustable wrench or whatever. Or you can just cut the wire off of it or break the tip off of it and put a deep well 6 point socket on it. Even can use a pipe wrench to remove it. Then be more careful installing the new one but it will be simple to install. And then just now get up and plug it in. Look around and make sure the plug-in connector coming from the car is in good shape and hasn't touched any exhaust pipe and melt it anywhere.
It's almost harder just to jack up the vehicle and get underneath it and it is to do this repair.
I would certainly try it before I went and gation Shop well over $100 two more than likely do the exact same thing.
Also, if you're having problems with repeated failing oxygen sensors then I would suggest pain just a little bit more and getting them from a local parts store with a lifetime warranty. Most of them at the parts stores have lifetime warranties. I don't really trust lifetime warranties online or eBay as it can be hard to locate or get timely replacement from the seller if you have one fail. RockAuto and Amazon are better but it still takes a while to get replacement. I would prefer just to be able to remove it take it into the store and have them having a new one. But they're going to be a minimum 40-$60 at a part store.
But once you buy a lifetime warranty options to yourself you will never have to buy another one.
This is another benefit of doing your own work in some cases. Or at least buy the parts and have someone put them on for you. About anyone who's ever worked on a car can replace an oxygen sensor underneath far back on the system like that.
Most people would easily stick one in for you for 20 or 25 bucks labor.
And since you have bought the part yourself you will have a lifetime warranty if it goes bad again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nycnftm

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thank you so much for the detailed reply I’m going to look into it I’m going to go look at it this morning take pictures and see if it’s damaged. then I’ll go by the park and ask A few friends that work on cars if they could fix it for me thank you so much again I’ll keep you posted