Creaking Noise?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Planning on lubing the new front end parts (including the idler arm) again maybe something didn't get enough grease (or maybe the grease is old). I replaced both lower ball joints, both upper control arms with the ball joints, both stabilizer links, left hub and seal. Tie rods pitman, idler center link all seem tight. The truck just state safety inspection so the front end is tight.

Last edited:

hartsemperfi

Reaction score
Been talking to some fellow mechanics and reading other post ima go and look at the stabilizer bar bushings and possibly the torsion bars.

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had planned on changing the those bushings. Do not think the torsion bar would make any sound they go into fitted slots on both ends if im right (no real moving parts) they just twist.

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had planned on changing the those bushings. Do not think the torsion bar would make any sound they go into fitted slots on both ends if i'm right (no real moving parts) they just twist.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think the torsion bars couldn't squeak, unless one is loose or broken. I like using a rubber lubricant called ruglyde. It's actually used as a tire mounting lube. You can find it either online or at shops that supply shops, like napa, or auto supply houses. I put it in a plastic spray bottle, like used for watering plants. Sometimes you get lucky spraying all the rubber underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like a bad CV joint, my dude

go easy on the lift and the rough terrain!
did you slam into a curb really hard?
those don't just fail on their own without doing something special.
any stock/short arm lift will kill your CV over time, and severe impacts to the front end will also do it.
or perhaps a torn boot was left unattended

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CV axles are a planned change I would say they are both original. Was waiting for the clicking to start. My right one the boot got pierced with a jack stand when the truck fell off it so I had planned on changing that one. The left seemed ok when I change the other parts. Bought both any way. The lift is the original EB lift. Only off roading the trucks done was to check the right CV axle for clicking to see if it was bad. Truck has never slammed into a curb really hard or in a major accident.

Planning to do two things
1) Lube the new parts and the pitman arm, See if the noise goes away
If the noise continues:
2) Change out the CV axles as planned

Last edited: