2007 expedition is a train wreak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmmm .... maybe some Liquid Wrench and Visegrips ..... LOL . I can imagine what the rest of the Expy looks like ....

OP
OP
B

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
It’s actually not too bad interior is clean just underneath has rust and shit . body was not bad I have bumpers off to replace with new ones someone hit a deer so I resprayed the front bumpers and need to replace my power steering lines as well with all the suspension components also trying to fix 4x4 I do t think it works so I got new actuators things at the hub the solenoid and going from there

OP
OP
B

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
front bumper came out nice first time painting anything just IMG_0872.jpegdid the two front bumpers a little thin on the sides but will do sorry it’s not bolted up yet just mocked it up to see after the clear coat dryer also finally got the old strut out and started to reassemble the front driver side next on the passenger side then the rear

OP
OP
B

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
Well drive it to work today. Had to fix the power steering leak ended up being the hose that connects under the power steering pump. Haven’t done the passenger side yet waiting for warmer weather here this week but it’s making almost a pump/tranny humming noise not sure if it’s the rear end or what but I’m pretty sure it’s leaking back there because of the differential gasket or the rear pass seal has a lot of moisture on it and leakage. Kinda worried my ps pump is on way out maybe not too sure how hard it is to change out but it’s a work in progress. Still need to pick up a good hood if anyone around Ohio has one for sale maybe.
IMG_0899.jpeg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take the serpentine belt off and run it for a minute to see if the humming noise stops or continues. If it still hums with the belt off it's probably the transmission rather than the P/S pump.

OP
OP
B

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
Take the serpentine belt off and run it for a minute to see if the humming noise stops or continues. If it still hums with the belt off it's probably the transmission rather than the P/S pump.
Thanks I’ll give that a go . I’m hoping it’s something minor but I’ll find out hopefully one way or another. The trans shifts like butter I’m leaning more toward the rear diff or possibly the 4x4 hubs since I just replaced the driver side and not the pass side yet and my 4x4 feels like it’s always engaged no matter what

OP
OP
B

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
Ok the power steering pump noise went away so maybe I had bubbles in the system. Started on the passenger side for the hub stuff and joints and strut and is goi g way better then the driver side so far should have the front all done by tomarrow on my day off. Now I need to source the vacuum hoses for the 4x4 . Are they something I can get through Amazon or do I need dealer for that I’m pretty sure they are shot. If I apply vacuum it just leaks out quick . Thanks