Custom Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steps

Reaction score
Well, I recieved my Custom Tune from Brenspeed yesterday. They sent it with an 85 Economy, 91 Economy, and 91 Towing tune specific to my setup on my 04 (Magnaflow Catback, K&N CAI, plugs, etc).

I just wanted to let everyone know that the tune is great. I have only run the 85 tune but the difference was exceptional. The shifts are much better, etc.

Brenspeed tunes with the SCT XCAL 3 and you get a lot of custom paramters you can change. Ex: Gears, Tire Size, Shift Points, Rev limiter, WOT A/F Ratio's and so on. The XCAL 3 also offers data logging and the ability to read trouble codes.

I am not sure if there are any S197 Mustang owners here. If there are, and you are into the performace world, you have heard of Brenspeed. They are very well known for their Service, Tunes, and product support.

Long story short...I wanted to share this with all of you. I have never seen them mentioned as an option for custom tunes on the site and felt introducing someone new to all of you would be helpful.

I have had this 04 for two weeks now...I cannot say how happy I am with the truck! I will get some pics up soon.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Will

Last edited:

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds good

How much are they charging for the SCT programmer with tunes?

OP
OP
S

Steps

Reaction score
Mine was $379 shipped. They offer packages with the tuner, tunes, and CAI for Mustangs. I have a feeling they would do the same for Expeditions or F150's.

Also, Brenspeed offers free tunes if you order upgrades through them. EX: I buy a CAI/Tuner combo. In a few months I decide to pick up a Catback...if I order it from them they will send me updated tunes for the tuner via e-mail which can be loaded from any PC to the tuner. Two months later I call them about some camshafts...I buy the cams from them and get free tune updates for that as well. Same thing with Blowers, etc. etc.

By the way, you have a NICE rig. Mine is the same Color combo. I tried to talk my wife into 35's (it is technically her car, I have the Mustang and another car for daily driving) and she would not go for it..yet. She let me put 285/70/17 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's on it though, that will work for now.

I need to get PICS up!

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like a good deal on the tuning.

my wife mostly drives the expy. she didnt like the idea of 35's but when I got them and put them on she liked it. Funny thing is she is against tuning. She calls it "******" for the car!

OP
OP
S

Steps

Reaction score
LOL!

I fell pretty lucky to be honest. She is always willing to let me do something to one of our cars it seems. I just could not sell her on the 35's. Now that these 33's are on there though I BET she will let us go 35 next time....lol. Whichever works for me, like I said it is her truck.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get the same flack from my wife whenever I talk about almost anything I intend for either of our cars. It is humorous because she knows nothing about cars - early in our marriage I had to educate her on the difference between 6 and 8 cylinders...
etc.
I just tell her it was an "information transfer" and she should be happy with how well her car runs. She's always amazed when I fix something. She thinks I'm a genius because I swapped out alternators.
Gawd, I love that woman.

EDIT: can't wait to see her face when I swap out the complete timing set... in her garage.

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my '17 back around July and I put my SCT X4 in it and have been running a 87 tune since then and I have been happy.
So yesterday I pumped some 93 into her and this evening I put the 93 tune in. Damn!
What a freeking difference. I dont see the need to pay 5 star.