Cylinder Head Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF3012

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this topic has been addressed before, and if someone could point me in the right direction i'd greatly appreciate it.

I have a 98 Expedition with a 4.6 and I'm looking into upgrades for power and fuel economy. I've heard rumors and inklings of a different cylinder head for my truck that's referred to as "Performance Improved". As I understand it those heads can be gotten off of some Crown Vics with the interceptor motor and possibly even some of the new mustangs with a 4.6 as well. Can anyone verify this for me or at least point me in the right direction.

Again, I'm sorry if this has been answered before and greatly appreciate any help or info given.

08T1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The PI heads came with larger intake and cams.

In 2002 the PI heads were placed on the expedition with the 5.4. I believe the 4.6 received the PI heads sooner.

08T1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been out of the older mustang crowd for a while. So I'm not sure if the mustang heads will have all the accessories on the heads you need.

I have heard the crownvic will bolt on.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, performance improved heads will increase your torque and horsepower by increasing compression ratio. Have the ports polished first before putting it in.

ThwopKing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will be alot of work for 20hp or so.....consider a 5.4 swap with trick flow heads if you have cash.

Sent while like doing stuff and what not.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The PI heads came with larger intake and cams.

In 2002 the PI heads were placed on the expedition with the 5.4. I believe the 4.6 received the PI heads sooner.

I bought an 04 15 months ago! I've been wondering about the PI heads, thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni