Darkening your taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good, good.

Washed it the other day, but will probably need to be rewaxed soon.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same here, but probably will get rewaxed like on saturday...

in your signature it says Laser Pro Park "parking sensor", are those aftermarket parking sensors? are they mounted in the same place as the OEM ford ones?

OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, that? LOL it's a laser jammer that also acts a parking sensor. You could probably get something that does a better job at parking for much cheaper. :)

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how did you remove the third brake light? i was trying to remove mine to get it tinted but i couldn't remove the plug, i pulled i was going to pull hard but was scared cause i wasn't sure if that was the way to do it lol

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed mine out to a LED 3rd brake light and it came out relatively easy. 2 bolts, remove the squirter and disconnect the hose. Replace squirter and reconnect hose - Done!

24461560075_large.jpg

OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. I didn't remove the squirter, though. Just pulled on the hose, kinnda twisting it as I went.

af mezkin

Reaction score
I didn't go the nite shade rout, I did the plastic adhesive promoter, tinted automotive clear and sprayed the tial lights on my Expy. I've been told that the lights look like they are made of black plastic. I have had no issues with other drivers seeing my brake lights. They look awesome!!

Last edited: