Decided to paint bottom plastics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brockncole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am not sure why the pic's are not showing. Here they are again.

I used Krylon Fusion in satin black.

I cleaned them with ammonia, taped off with frog tape and news paper and started painting.

It took me four cans to complete.

There is other colors besides satin black, correct? Would there be one close to my body color?

Last edited:

Walk03XLT

Reaction score
Looks great. I've been wanting to do the same thing to mine. I've been trying to visualize my blue with the black but now seeing yours I think I'm gonna go for it. Nice job.

nardone24

Reaction score
Bro! Try Turtle Wax Trim Restorer. I did this to my trim last week and it looks AMAZING. You can pick it up for $10 at Walmart.

Trim restorer didnt work on my 03 XLT mainly because the color you see in my sig is the stock color. Plus alot of the clear on top of that plastic is ruined. Made it look cleaner but didnt make mine look any better.

I hear Fusion paint is ok but sprays inconsistant. Did you use a adhesion promoter? did you clear when done?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to spray paint, use the Duplicolor trim paint. It's meant for trim, and lays down very consistently, and an almost "OEM" look. I think they only have it in black and (dark) grey, though. I don't clear it and it's lasted a decent amount of time.

I'll see if I can post some pix up later.

Last edited: