Deciding how may 6" off road lights to install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowman1268

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have been look all over bing and google images trying to decide how many 6" off road lights to mount on my roof .It would appear not many people have roof lights or at least don't post pictures of them to the internet.So I decided to post hear to see how many you have installed or would have if you were to get them.I am thinking 4 would do it but don't want them to look to small or far apart.I'm not worried about wind noise as I am making it removable so when on the rare occasion I do need to get on the highway or interstate I will remove the whole unit from the roof.

P.S.
I am trying to really think this over hard because when I was getting tires I went 265 and now really wish I had gotten 285 but too late now.I don't want to jump the gun again.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4 would probably be fine. I know the one reason that keeps me from getting rack lights is the fact that I would not fit into parking garages or anything remotely low clearance. Even the fast food drive through's would be scary haha. Lots of guys mount two on the bumper or a bull bar and two behind the grille. Its all personal preference though.

OP
OP
B

bowman1268

Reaction score
Yhea

I have 2 6.5" lights behind the grill didn't put any on the brush bar.I thought it would look weird having them on the bar since they would block the ones behind the grill a bit.

My expy lives in a semi truck garage so I got clearance there but you make a good point I may need to check height of the local drive troughs.lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bowman1268

Reaction score
I was just looking at the led bars on ebay but not sure I would like the look.That and the local cops would have a field day saying it looks like there light bar.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 4 of them up top. With a 4" rancho lift kit, I fit fine in drive thru's. I did not fit in some parking garages but I did fit in my garage. You could probably fit 5 up top if you wanted but that is about it...I put 4 because they looked even spaced...

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did five as you can see, I think I might go 6. I like it to look full.
The other option is to put a cage around the existing to make it look fuller .
Mine are the Hella 700ff .
Not sure if I ever have enough lights. But agree do look at as many pics as you can.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I forgot in my albums there is one pick with 4 and the rest with 5.
Hope it helps, ohh mine are attached to a Kargomaster cage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryin2fickshit