Decision Dilemma: Keeping or Parting Ways with Our 2019 Expedition Max – Seeking Insight and Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@BlakeMAX2019 ....I agree with all three of your posts above. Tahoes rode great, but really leaned in turns. I very much liked the Yukons. Both were very quiet inside and smooth. I have a local store calling me once a week lowering their price. I think we're now about as low as they will go. Just don't want black again, and I'd prefer a AT4 over a SLT. Denali's are way too expensive. Plus, $80k is a lot of cash.

They have had issues with the Sequoias' and Tundra's with the turbos. I'm not sure about their looks either.

Still waiting to here where Calidad is buying at $10K off

OP
OP
BlakeMAX2019

BlakeMAX2019

Reaction score
@BlakeMAX2019 ....I agree with all three of your posts above. Tahoes rode great, but really leaned in turns. I very much liked the Yukons. Both were very quiet inside and smooth. I have a local store calling me once a week lowering their price. I think we're now about as low as they will go. Just don't want black again, and I'd prefer a AT4 over a SLT. Denali's are way too expensive. Plus, $80k is a lot of cash.

They have had issues with the Sequoias' and Tundra's with the turbos. I'm not sure about their looks either.

Agree, yeah $80k plus T&L plus interest is probably $115k after all said and done. I totally get where you're coming from. As a Toyota enthusiast myself, it's disappointing to see the Sequoia fall short in terms of design and functionality compared to competitors. It seems like Toyota missed the mark by not prioritizing interior space and functionality, especially in the third row. If they had made it more cargo with a more usable third row than previous model, it could have been a better value proposition.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree, yeah $80k plus T&L plus interest is probably $115k after all said and done. I totally get where you're coming from. As a Toyota enthusiast myself, it's disappointing to see the Sequoia fall short in terms of design and functionality compared to competitors. It seems like Toyota missed the mark by not prioritizing interior space and functionality, especially in the third row. If they had made it more cargo with a more usable third row than previous model, it could have been a better value proposition.
Here in FL a local Toyota had an Adjusted Market Value of over 2K on top of MSRP on some of their line. I picked up an extended warranty on our Expy. Going to run it for a couple more years until people come to their sense's.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up an extended warranty on our Expy. Going to run it for a couple more years until people come to their sense's.
That's about where I am. I got a very good offer on a AT4 yesterday. Guy tells me it's for today only! Never in 40+ years of car buying (probably 50+vehicles) have I been told that. I'll make a decision today/tomorrow and if I want to go forward call him Monday. If they don't honor that deal, I'll trash them everywhere, and extend my warranty, do new tires and keep the Expy

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I could never do a gm until they fix the brakes and offer adjustable pedals. I hate the driving position relative to dash height, and the seats on all but the escalade are too hard. My nav has problems, and I'd like more of a modern ride, but I'll take my chances and wait on the 25s before I'd make a decision. Hell, I'd wait on the armada now since I have a base with the reveal of the qx80 (which I like a lot).

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@dlcorbett ...you make a good point. You seem to sit lower in the GM's and the seats are a bit hard.

I really like the new QX80, but at a starting price of $88k with AWD and up to over $112K, I'm out. Not to mention the generous dealer add ons and market up

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The jeep is nice as well, but the price to get the convenience features is steep ,and it seems to have more problems than any other brand.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I bought mine here, they sent an email this week saying they have 15k off some

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn’t do a gm after using a brand new Tahoe for ten days. Under braked, thin steering wheel got old in my hands fast, buttons seemed to not be laid out like I wanted and the hvac seems slow to respond to my inputs. The second row seats had some funky ordeal to get them to move. Engine didn’t wasn’t as punchy as the 3.5 I have either. Ride was no better than the regular suspension fords I’ve driven, and it had Michelins that I’ve yet to feel on a ford.

Just a lot of little things that instantly made me miss my truck. It was no better than the 19 I tested when I bought the expy. I have yet to drive an updated ford, but I can’t see it being worse.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I havent driven a tahoe, but I don't like the interior setup for it at all so we had no reason too, though I like the exterior. We have driven both short and Long denalis, both without air suspension. The gms are better built (because they ate newer), but the ride and handling doesn't feel better. The escalade without air does have a better feel in terms of ride though, but also feels more nautical and unwieldly at speed. However both the denali and the escalade were like you said, brakes are calibrated awkwardly, hard to see out of, the interior setup makes no sense, and even compared with the 6.2, also has a weird throttle calibration (im sure this is to allow more smoothness with their 10 speed at low speeds). I could probably live with the firm seats, but not the brakes or adjustable pedals.

My wife hated the wagoneer as soon as she sat in it. Knkwing her, I get why. Outside of the exterior, which she despises, I think the interior is sensory overload for her. Too many settings, multiple screens in different location, button heavy without true buttons, layered menus for displays, and on top of that, a passenger screen without a clear focus on its function, she couldn't hack it. Sure you could learn after purchase, but she couldn't see the value over the nav. I wasn't able to get it on the highway, buy in town ride and feel is great, but the gas mileage is atrocious out of the hemi. I'm glad the hurricane is better but they need to rework the exterior. Shame, because the ram 1500 is still the best looking pickup to me.

The last armada, an 18, didn't have adjustable pedals, but it had a great pedal to seat to wheel set up. Also, nissan didn't miss the assignment on a cushy, quiet family car. Wifey rele loved it. The biggest thing that I didn't like was the third row room. However, it looks like they fixed that with the new qx80, with atleast the same amount of room as the gms. With a panoramic roof, sliding 2nd row seats and maybe an option for massaging front seats for the armada only sweetens the deal, if they keep the price on the lower end of the crazy expensive scale.

Last edited: