decisions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys I have a 2002 expi. with about 162k on it and it runs great. I had this plan to buy a car to drive while I get the expie back up in good shape as the rockers are gone. So I went out and bought a Lincoln mk viii for $1,600 bucks and got it fixed up. Now I am realizing the rust on the expedition is much worse than I thought. the rockers and the metal the lower edge of the rocker attach to is missing. Even If I got new rockers I have nothing to weld to under the truck unless I get the rockers to go to the frame somehow. Yesterday I noticed the hood under the bug deflector is rotting away as well and im not really sure how much money I want to put in a truck I paid $4500 for. Does anyone here have experience fixing rockers or hiding the rockers on an otherwise spotless expedition? If I cant get the body fixed than my mk viii is going to become my project and I will just drive the expedition till the doors rust off in about 3 years.

dschallmo98expo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here in florida you can pick up an expo in driving condition for 400.00 use it as a doner car and pull what you need off. when done sell parts on line or juck it at junk yard for 250.00 for scrap. that's what I would do.