Deep Dish Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured a stock grille wasn't going to cut it in my truck, so what you see is the first ever (to my knowledge) 03-06 Deep Dish grille. The grille is extended back about 2.5-3", hence the Deep Dish name. Right now I have the stock Expediton grille cut and just layed in for the photo. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it or not. I may make an insert to match the honeycomb mesh that is in the upper hood scoop. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to use the upper scoop yet either. I think it makes the truck look more aggressive with it

What do you think?

DSC_0094.jpg
DSC_0098.jpg
DSC_0097.jpg
DSC_0095.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like the deep dish grill and the hood scoop not so much. i liked the hood with out the scoop. just the groove in the hood.

03blkstanggt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want that hood so bad. I don't really want it functional tho. I just love the scoop. Would look good matching my stang. The grille looks good but needs billet

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like the grill. seems like it will help to funnel air to the radiator too to keep it cool. as for the hood scoop, i think it looks good but i dont think it will go with the rest of the truck. you are going to have clean lines but a scoop sticking up out of the hood. i agree with panda, take the upper part off and just leave the SVO style opening. looking good by the way.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd leave the scoop if you have a nice S/C in there. Or do you already have one, and I missed the thread? :p

starbuck478

Reaction score
i think the scoop looks good with the new body trim style you have in the front i agree with blkstangg though i think the grill would look better with billet just my opinion though

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No SC yet.....maybe next spring I'll look for a used system off an L and install that. I'm more into the looks then the speed anyways. As far as the grille goes I've kicked around the billet look but honestly everyone does that so for now I'm going to use some mesh from an old speed grille I have laying around. By using the mesh it will keep the deep dish appearance of the grille.

At this point I'm just finishing up integrating the 99 wheel flares onto the front bumper and 06 fenders. I've painted the belt moldings on the doors and I also added some turn signal LEDs into the mirrors. As soon as I get the doors put back together I'll post some more photos.

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i can't wait till see that mesh grill, I don't like the billet grills either i do like the hood as well with mesh inlay. great work

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
.....and here I thought I was the first to build a deep dish grille and integrate fender vents. Guess I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Overall he has a nice truck, don't care for his grille mesh but everything else looks really nice.