Different tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

will_higgins

Reaction score
I have a 98 Expy and i am getting new tires and want to get something bigger. I have stock 16s with 255 70 16 on them now. They are a pretty NON-off road tire and i cant stand it. I need something that will get me out of the snow. Anyone have any suggestions?

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I bought these all season Kellys and had them balanced and installed for $580.00 The have an aggressive tread pattern for snow and water, but are not noisy and ride really nice. My 2 cents...good bang for the buck!

Attachments

• DSC03124.jpg
    DSC03124.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 178

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry don't have stock size on mine...lol... but just got a set of goodyear silentarmor tires w/kevlar on my dad's 07 grand cherokee and also have seen a lot of people running the general grabber at-2 with great success in the snow.... sure many more will chime in...

also on my fav list.... procomp Ats... the non extreme... they have a snow and ice rating plus good tread wear warranty

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as for size with either cranking the torsion bars or trimming the lower valance you can fit 285/75r16s easily... others should chime in soon

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Will, you can fit up to 285/75R16's with no issues. There are lots of tires in that size. As for getting something that will do well in the snow, you are after something that has a decently wide space between the lugs. Unfortunately, this also normally is associated with a tire that makes lots of road noise. So, this is a balance. You will also find that most tires that do well in the snow are a softer tire, so, they are not going to wear for a long time. So, this is a balance that you will need to strike.

jfordtruckman

Reaction score
i went with Yoko Geo At's, 265-75-16's...could have easily put 285's on it with no mods at all.

I have the 17in package on mine and I put those tires on as well. God do I love them. By the way I run a tire shop and sell almost every tire on the market. I would go with the yokohama at's 275/70r16

Last edited: