Digital Mileage Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I have a '99 E.B. 4X4 w/ a 5.4 engine, has anyone ever experienced the digital mileage indicator go off once in awhile especially after turning the igniton off. This occasionally happens to me whenever I go to the gas station to fill up & when I start the engine back on to leave, the mileage indicator won't show but will come on again after a few minutes. I'm just curious if there is something loose with the connection but it just happens once in a while when I turn the ignition off & turn it back on after a few minutes. I'm really worried b/c the last time it happened, my alternator gave & that was a was a couple of weekends ago (see my previous thread *faulty alternator*) Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can give.

OP
OP
G

An expedition i may be purchasing on Tues does the same thing. What is up with that?

OP
OP
G

The problem is in the cluster. The cluster now is a very sophisticated module and is also very expensive. The module can onl be obtained at the dealer. 400-500 dollars!