Disable 2nd and 3rd Row Seatbelt Airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hellohithere

Reaction score
Is it possible to disable the seatbelt airbags in the 2nd and 3rd rows? I am using those rows for infant seats that are not compatible with airbag seatbelts. Currently using LATCH but will need to switch to seatbelt soon as weight is getting closer to the LATCH limit. Thanks in advance.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it possible to disable the seatbelt airbags in the 2nd and 3rd rows? I am using those rows for infant seats that are not compatible with airbag seatbelts. Currently using LATCH but will need to switch to seatbelt soon as weight is getting closer to the LATCH limit. Thanks in advance.

I'm not aware of the inflatable seatbelts being available in the 4th Gen Expeditions. Are you sure your vehicle has them? I know they are available as an option on the Crew Cab F150's, but I have never seen any reference in literature or the owner's manual to them being available on the Expedition.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not aware of the inflatable seatbelts being available in the 4th Gen Expeditions. Are you sure your vehicle has them? I know they are available as an option on the Crew Cab F150's, but I have never seen any reference in literature or the owner's manual to them being available on the Expedition.
I've got inflatable seatbelts in the second row - 19 Platinum

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Starting in '19 they were available on the Ltd and standard on the Platinum. I'm glad I got the '18 because my kids' seats do NOT work with those big, bulky inflatable seatbelts and that would have been a deal-killer.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very interesting. I'll have to take a look at the '19 owner's manual and read up on them.

Andy Terry

Reaction score
I have them in our 18 Platinum. They were listed on the window sticker and the buckle is different. Can't remember if there is a label on the belt itself.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them in our 18 Platinum. They were listed on the window sticker and the buckle is different. Can't remember if there is a label on the belt itself.
I think you're correct...they were not standard on the platinum until 2019, but they were optional. Because I ordered mine I just didn't tick that box. I learned they were a no-go for me when I had a loaner from the dealer which included them and was not able to install my kids' seats.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have them in my 18' Platinum and was told they were added late in the production run. I do have them in my 18' F150. I currently have 2 forward-facing car seats and one rear-facing car seat installed in my truck. The seats are Diono RXTs and they are compatible with the seat belts. To secure the car seats you have to fully extend the belt and then they will ratchet down tight to hold the seat in place. It is much harder to get seats installed firmly in new Fords.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have them in my 18' Platinum and was told they were added late in the production run. I do have them in my 18' F150. I currently have 2 forward-facing car seats and one rear-facing car seat installed in my truck. The seats are Diono RXTs and they are compatible with the seat belts. To secure the car seats you have to fully extend the belt and then they will ratchet down tight to hold the seat in place. It is much harder to get seats installed firmly in new Fords.
I have britax seats, both of which have lockout clips to keep the seats from sliding along the belt. They work like a champ, but you have to clip a hard plastic piece over the belt...and that just ain't gonna happen over the bulky airbag portion.

upload_2019-8-5_14-57-2.png

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2013 Ford Flex has the inflatable seatbelts in the second row...... This is nothing new from Ford!