Disc Changer to DVD Changer 2001 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Exp

Reaction score
I have just got a 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the stock 6 disc changer in the armrest and want to put in a DVD Player. Has anyone put an aftermarket DVD player in and how did you? I was hoping I could change out the stock 6 disc changer with a new disc changer that has DVD capabilities and just run the video cable to a roof mount monitor. I know the mounting brackets for the stock unit are special for just that unit but I have no problem making new brackets. Will I have to change out the head unit to get this to work this way? My wife says the DVD has to play through the car speakers so that is my main prob. Also is the roof strong enough to just hang the monitor from the head liner or do I need to install a cross member?

bubbadabulldawg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only way I could give you info is if you tell me what you have for equipment IE: what is installed already and what you want to install.

OP
OP

2001Exp

Reaction score
I just got the Expedition last week. It has the stock head unit and disc changer in the armrest. No factory DVD installed. Mach sound system.