Disposable Mechanics Gloves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have two pair of Mechanics Work Gloves for doing things on the truck. Both are mainly for three purposes, protect my hands for when that wrench slips off and my hand hits something hard, to get a better grip, and keep the cold a bay long enough to get whatever I am doing done. BUT, I would not use either pair to change my oil or for some dirty or greasy job.

Does anybody have a favorite brand/model of Disposable Mechanics Gloves they would recommend? The way I am looking at this is a box can't be more then $15 and I can keep them in my rubber made utility caddies in the back of the Expy. I looked online and there are like a 100 different ones with varying thicknesses and so forth. I have regular latex gloves from Harbor Freight for painting, working with pool chemicals, and such but they tend to tear or are too slippy for working on the vehicles.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use on called diamond grip microflex myself. Their a little thicker, but not too thick. I like you wear the mechanics gloves on all but oil or when I need a bare hand.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I use on called diamond grip microflex myself. Their a little thicker, but not too thick. I like you wear the mechanics gloves on all but oil or when I need a bare hand.

I use those on a daily basis too but I prefer the normal latex surgical gloves more because it fits tighter and allows me to work on electrical wires and use touch screens alot better than the diamond grip ones.

A lot of people wear the disposable gloves and then slip on the mechanic gloves over to keep hands clean and dry if the gloves get soaked in oil or whatever it may be.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've used the ones from Harbor Freight and liked them. I don't usually put them on until after I get my hands dirty though :).

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wish someone made one that didn't rip or sweat like crazy. Can you imagine the price if they made such an animal.

OP
OP
Transporter

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wish someone made one that didn't rip or sweat like crazy. Can you imagine the price if they made such an animal.

Now see, that is the part I don't understand. If I am outside working on the pool, my hands don't sweat in them. If using the HF ones when working on the truck, it is a toss up, sometimes yes sometimes no. But every single time I am de-priming brass while watching TV (have a special hand de-primer for 556 and 9mm brass so I am not at the reloading bench and can watch TV while doing it), my hands sweat nonstop. After an hour or two of de-priming there is a lake inside the gloves when I take them off. I have no clue how a surgeon can do a 6 hour surgery, none!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe doctors have a pill they take that keeps them from sweating. At least their hands. If your an alcohol drinker, like myself, you will sweat twice as much as a non drinker. Hard to get around it, but latex is non breathable, or very restricted. A large enough glove could suffocate a human if pulled over their face. Their like a plastic bag with fingers.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score

You ever heard of a invisible glove, it's a spray of some kind that wont allow oil and dirt to impede into your skin.

@Vancouver Bob I know exactly what you mean lol, I do the same when my hands are pitch black then I put on the gloves so I dont dirty up the equipment I'm working on

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll have to check the box next time I am with the coroner.
Best rubber/latex gloves ever. I always get a few pair each time they show up.