Rattle behind glove box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mike1305

Reaction score
FOUND IT!!! 99WhiteC5Coupe said it best about sound traveling. After weeks of repeatedly removing the glove box and searching under the dash, the sound persisted. Had the wife drive me around today while I tried isolating the sound with an automotive stethoscope. I was able to narrow it down to somewhere under the front-passenger seat. At first I thought it was something in the air duct below the seat but after further listening, I narrowed it down to something hitting the bottom of the body. Got home and climbed under the car. Discovered the exhaust heat shield on the passenger side, just before the muffler, was tapping the under body. Bolts holding the shield seemed tight so I just pulled it down closer to the exhaust a little bit and the sound is completely gone. Thank god, that was driving me insane and preventing me from really loving this car. Due to where the sound was coming from, it was just bouncing off the glove box area, leading me to believe it was there.

Last edited:

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weird unknown sounds drive me crazy. My wife put a first aid kit in the pouch behind the passenger seat and she didn't tell me. It made noise every bump, turn etc..
It took me a whole week to find it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire