Does the front camera activate on automatically if rolling forward slowly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As in, pulling into a parking spot and I'm getting close to the vehicle in front on me. The Armada I rented did that, wondering the Expy was programmed the same way.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my platinum you have to manually toggle the camera button to enable the front camera when in forward motion. It also shuts off after a certain speed.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sonar is automatic on my platinum but like gumby said you have to manually activate the camera with the button. The camera should then activate if going less than 5 MPH. The automatic sonar brings up a top view graphic (not camera view) of the vehicle on the screen with green, yellow, then red indicators depending on how close you get to the object.

Last edited:

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the auto sonar is the way to go. There is no depth perception through a fish-eye lens camera.

Matthew Hoover

Reaction score
I had the auto on camera on my LX and found it convenient. Possibly there is a tune code or something for this.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lexus and Infiniti do this. If the sensor activates the screens automatically show the camera with an overlay of the obstacle's distance.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A combination of the sonar view and camera view would probably be best.