Door adjar & back up sensor malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't get rid of the door adjar message and the check backup system mesages on my 03 Expedietion. I've sprayed the door latches, including the rear hatch, and reshut the doors many times and can't get it to go away. Am I missing something obvious? Also is there any way to disable the backup alarm system until I can figure what's wrong with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Signature update

Please add your Expy info(year - engine - trim) to your signature so that future questions / replies are tailored to the correct year.

I'll try to look up the answers to your questions this evening. My Win7 decided to give me a workout on the user profile this morning and has put me behind on the chores for the day.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the central junction box pull fuse F1.27 and see if anything other than the parking aid quits.

Are your running board or interior lights on with the "door ajar" light being on?

jimp

Reaction score
It does not have anything to do with the Back up aid message, but I created my own problem with the door ajar message on my 03 (interior lights stayed on). I always cleaned my doors weather stripping and hit it with silcone spray and while I was at it I alway hit the door latch with spray. This created the problem, once I figured that out and cleaned them with contact cleaner and quit spraying ANY KIND of Lub. The door problem went away. So when you said spraying the doors, with what, cleaner something else? If it is something else try a good long spray of cleaner.

OP
OP
K

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry everyone been out camping for 3 daye. I'll try the remedies suggested and report back in a couple of days. I have to catch up on things here first.
Thanks!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't pull the fuse since there is more on that circuit. I'll look into it tomorrow after work if nothing comes up.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the "door is a jar" nonsense there are 5 switches, one on each door and another on the rear glass.

Do you have a dmm - digital multimeter and know how to use it? You will need that or a test light to check each switch.

Also need an email address to send some diagrams to you.

The Parking Aid Module is sharing fuse F1.27 with a few other items so you shouldn't pull it. The module is located in the driver side rear panel just above the rear wheel. along side the speaker.

Last edited: