Door code Issue on 2015 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
Trying to change the door code on my 15 Limited through the Sync system. I put in the factory code and hit delete codes (wanted to remove the previous owners code). Now when I put in the factory code in nothing happens (there should be a pop up messaging asking me if I want to add a code). Also, when I hit the number 5 by itself on the door pad now it unlocks everything. Any thoughts??

Last edited:

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you have any luck with this yet? I wasn't even aware we could change the codes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AmpliFIRE

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
Tried programming it from the door panel?

If you have the system where the key can remain in your pocket pressing any button on the door panel will unlock the vehicle.

-- Chuck

Yup, I figured out the last part finally lol. However, I haven't been able to update the code as of yet.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
The factory code is required to add a personal code. The factory code always remains there. I think you can add 4 or 5 codes. Code 1 and 2 will set the seats/steering wheel/pedals to the corresponding settings inside. Not sure any codes higher than can.

There's a way to display the factory code on the dash if you have both keys but I've not tried this.

My daughter got my '02 Explorer when I got the '07 Expedition for towing the larger trailer. I set both codes to the same for convenience and the '17 has the same one too.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
AmpliFIRE

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
The factory code is required to add a personal code. The factory code always remains there. I think you can add 4 or 5 codes. Code 1 and 2 will set the seats/steering wheel/pedals to the corresponding settings inside. Not sure any codes higher than can.

There's a way to display the factory code on the dash if you have both keys but I've not tried this.

My daughter got my '02 Explorer when I got the '07 Expedition for towing the larger trailer. I set both codes to the same for convenience and the '17 has the same one too.

-- Chuck

Yup, I have the factory code and it is still giving me a hard time when trying to re-set my personal code.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve always had success when setting the code using the door buttons...I’ve never tried the Sync method.

Recommend you try the door and see if you still have problems.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Dirt simple:
Programming a Personal Entry Code
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory-set code.
2. Press 1·2 on the keypad within five
seconds.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. You
must enter each number within five
seconds of each other.
4. Press 1·2 on the keypad to save
personal code 1.
The doors will lock then unlock to confirm