Door lock problem please help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poldits

Reaction score
Hi i hope someone can help me, stealership will charge me $90 for diagnosis. Heres the problem If i unlock my truck with the keypad, transmitter and power door locks inside, all doors will unlock except the driver side but if i lock the doors with keypad, transmitter or power locks inside, everything's fine and working. I sprayed WD 40 on the metal moving parts and I bought a new actuator assuming that is the problem,and installed it but i still have the same problem. Ryt now i have to use the key to unlock driver side door.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my '02 EB except that mine will not lock or unlock unless I use the key.

All other doors work fine and I as well went to replace the actuator and found out that it is good. The best I can tell is there are broken wires in the door ( between the door and the body ) because with the door open and the truck off, if I push the lock or unlock button on the remote just one time I can hear the clicking from the security module under the dash trying to operate the actuator, but when I use the volt meter and check voltage at the plug it reads 0.

OP
OP
P

Poldits

Reaction score
I have a question, does the lock and unlock button have different wiring? Cause it locks just fine, only the unlock has a problem. I checked the module and its making clicking sound. I've read that in your case both ways doesnt work.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah the drivers door has seperate wiring than the rest of the doors, and there is a unlock wire and a lock wire. Here are the wiring diagrams that I got from Alldata, maybe they will be of some help to you!

Attachments

• door wire 1.gif
    door wire 1.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 640
  • door wire 2.gif
    door wire 2.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 832
  • door wire 3.gif
    door wire 3.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 529
OP
OP
P

Poldits

Reaction score
Great!! I'll check it out tomorrow!! Will post the results!! Tnk u very much!! I hope i'll be able to fix it!! I really appreciate it!

OP
OP
P

Poldits

Reaction score
Before anything else, thank you for your help w/ the diagram.Heres what happened, i couldnt find the broken wire, so what i did, i tapped the wire to the left rear door, now atleast all doors lock and unlock through remote, keypad and power doors inside. When i was about to start my truck it wont start, i have to disconnect my horn cause it wont stop making noise.even if i lock then unlock the doors, still wont start, all lights flash everytime i open the door even though i lock the doors inside already, all lights still flash.if i put the key, no crank. And i only have 1 key.i took off the negatve of the battery for 15mins, still no luck. I dont know what to do now, i dont want to get it towed to the stealership. Could it be the PATS? if so how can i fix it?

Thank you very much in advance.

OP
OP
P

Poldits

Reaction score
Finally i was able to fixed it, tapping the wire going to the security module was a bad idea. Everytime i unlock the doors, it will unlock but by tapping the wire to it, power current will go back to the module arming the truck again though doors were unlocked already and prohibiting me to start the truck. What i did is i cut the wire and connected it to the rear door power source and connect it to the front door actuator.anyway there's a broken wire that i couldnt find in the front door so it doesnt make a difference if i cut the wire or not cause its already broken.maybe someone could make use of this situation that i've experience.

Tnx and more power to this forum!!