Drifts forward in reverse up hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Once you know you have 2 seconds you can make it work without drifting.
If you aren’t aware of it 2 seconds goes by pretty quick.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2 seconds, I wish. I was at my Lake Merced yesterday, and as I was coming down the driveway, about a 20 percent grade, I stopped, put in the reverse, gave it a little throttle, let up throttle, it just rolled forward. If guys with 6 speed 2015-19 are getting 2 seconds, consider yourself lucky. Stamp, is texting still legal while driving in Georgia? Outlawed it in California about 5 years ago. People still do it, but not as much. They find other ways to total the front of their vehicle.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took it to Ford and they also said it’s the way it works. It will hold for 2 seconds after you take your foot off the brake then it will let go. So you should have two seconds to use the gas after you release the brake. Doesn’t seem right to me but that is the way it works. Gotta be quick.
So they said you have 2 seconds in reverse also? I’ll have to check it out next time I’m facing down hill and can try it in reverse.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't see Millennials driving with both feet and texting at the same time....
Pretty soon they won’t have to do anything behind the wheel as far as driving goes! This great new automated driving technology! WTF!!!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder if the new 2018-19 10 speeder has a reverse hill holder? You realize that companies have been trying and tweaking this idea, at least forward speeds since the forties, with a hill holder clutch setup, back in the days when you had a manual/Automatic. I think it was Hudson that tryed it.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder if the new 2018-19 10 speeder has a reverse hill holder? You realize that companies have been trying and tweaking this idea, at least forward speeds since the forties, with a hill holder clutch setup, back in the days when you had a manual/Automatic. I think it was Hudson that tryed it.

I remember taking the time to learn how to drive on hills. I don't recall complaining about my car rolling down hill. Although, we did bully those that used the parking brake cuz they just couldn't figure out the fast foot work required. But, then again, I remember learning to make calls on a rotary phone.