Drive Mode Malfunction and U0418:86

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macdeezel

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can provide some insight on this code and MIL?

2018 Expedition Max, 38k miles.

It snowed Friday, so I had it in 4A. Back in 2H on wet/clear roads. Saturday I put on about 75 miles of mostly highway speed driving. Sunday the light came on and comes on every time I restart.

Pulled a code with a snap on reader and got U0418:86. Mechanic wants to take it for a spin tomorrow to see real time data, he's thinking a speed sensor or damaged wire.

Anyone have this before? Thanks..

Oh, before anyone asks, warranty is up.

OP
OP
M

macdeezel

Reaction score
I am betting that code was related to the Park Brake Malfunction I had a few weeks back, where the wire was broken (and fixed). PRobably stored in memory.

I threw my FORscan on once I got home and got C110F - Right Rear Damper Solenoid (Open Circuit) which makes MUCH more sense as to why i got the Drive Control Malfunction message.

Any ideas the fix on that? I'm going to pop the wheel off and see if something just came disconnected, or another wire is rubbed through.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX