drive shafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikey P

Reaction score
My 2000 Expedition has had numerous drive train issues. Rear end replacement used. Then I had a shuddering upon acceleration and it felt under my feet and had no 4 wheel drive high or low. So we removed the front drive shaft. Shudder gone.
So I acquired another transfer case and replaced that and put in the front drive shaft. NOW I have a vibration at 55 that I did not have with it out. The rear drive shaft has a balance issue as well but even with that in and without the front drive shaft, everything was fine or at least not bad. Since I know have 4wd and no shudder on acceleration, we are assuming front drive shaft balance. Will a front drive shaft from an f-150 work or fit in there since i cannot find any used front drive shafts? Lastly can I use a rear shaft from another Ford as well? Thanks in advance for any input here.

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on Transmission that will determine the length of it's the same straight across fit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk