Driver door ajar (Not the switch)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skjerv40

Reaction score
My wife has a 2017 platinum expedition. The “drivers door ajar” notification came on and the driver side running board would not go up. I assumed it was the switch and put a new one in. That did not solve the problem. I ran a jumper wire through the connector(I should have done this before the be switch) and got no response. I decided to cut the wires near the connector and touched them- still no response. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas other than a broken wire somewhere? I was hoping it was just a fuse, but it sounds like a lot more would go wrong if that were the case.

kenstang

Reaction score
My problem was when I try to out my window down, the truck thought I opened the door and it would deploy the running boards, turn on dome light, and indicate that the door was open even though it wasn’t. Found a broken wire in the loom between the door and the jam.