Driver door lock and key fob issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwfarm

Reaction score
I had a 2007 and just traded it for a 2016 111k Limited EL. I am a big fan of the vehicle however there is a problem with the driver door lock and key fob. The door lock switch locks and unlocks all but the driver door and the same with the key fob. I pulled the boot around the wiring between the door and the body (a total PITA) and didn't see any broken wires. As I was jiggling that wire harness at one point I could get the door lock switch and key fob to work. Does anyone have a good video or tips to share to troubleshoot this? How can I more easily/thoroughly inspect those wires in the harness?

HawaiiFiveOh

Reaction score
We are having this same problem. 2016 XLT. At first I thought the actuator was bad but realized if the door is fully open, the drivers door lock will function with the fob or lock button. It has to be a broken wire in that boot somewhere, I just haven’t had the chance to look at it. Good luck.