Driver side door problem? Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I have a 2003 Expedition (0 for 72 months is quite an enticement). I've noticed that the driver's side door is noisier when shut (not the sturdy, reassuring "thunk") than any other door (approx. 150 miles on vehicle).

Also, when inside and you open the door, you don't really feel the "latch release" to signal that the door has opened, though it has. None of the other doors exhibit this.

Has anyone seen this? Is this an idiosyncrosy of the 2003? Could this be a safety issue with door latch?

Any help or insight would be appreciated.:nopity:

OP
OP
G

I took my 03 in for the same problem and they readjusted the inner workings of the door and fixed the problem.

OP
OP
G

I have the same problem. They keep telling me a fix is coming.

OP
OP
G

Originally posted by Unregistered
I have the same problem. They keep telling me a fix is coming.

In what form? Any info. about what the problem is and what the promised fix might be?

Thanks

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've heard of two fixes.

1. Readjusting the door striker latch.

2. TSB issuing new door seals and latch.

I had #1 done. Still makes noise...

OP
OP
G

I have the same problem and they adjusted the latch and it was still there. Then they realigned all 4 doors and it was still there. Now they say there is suppose to be a fix coming, but they don't know when.

Out of curiosity does it sound like your windows are open when you are driving around. I can't belive it should be that loud inside the car when everything is closed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986