Driver's power seat will not move forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Triplet Dad

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition EL XLT with 6 way driver's power seats. The wife was moving the seat back and now it will not move forward. It seems like it's all the way back and when pushing the switch forward the motor seems to turn a little then stops. It tried to go back but its at the end of the track. Is there a way to manually get the seat forward? Does anyone have the pin out for the plug or the switch assembly so I can check the voltage to the motor when the switch is pressed? Any other ideas for getting the seat to move forward again? Thanks!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had this problem about 3 months back. First thing, check to be sure theirs not a hunk of cloth, or something that fell down between seat and track. After that is clear to your satisfaction, try a different relay/ fuse for seat operation. Check your owners book for location. Theirs a video online that shows a technique for using a drill chucked up to the cable, although if memory serves it doesn't work on Expedition. Sounds like the main forward back motor is failing. What you might want to do, is remove front 2 T55 bolts, get a small hammer or pipe, tap on motor, then with switch slide seat forward to get back T55 bolts off. Use a good quality torx bit, you don't want to strip them. This is the procedure that worked for the other member.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar intermittent issue with my 2010. It moves back, but sometimes not forward. Also reclines, but doesn't come back up. Usually I try it several times and it doesn't work. After 5 min or so, it will then move up. Continues till I let up, then if I try again, it doesn't work again for several minutes. Usually, if I have to adjust, I overshoot on moving forward so I can move it back to where I want it. Maybe it is the switches, but it is very strange. Seat up down is fine. back and recline are fine. Lumbar is fine. Just the forward and moving up from recline that do this.

OP
OP
T

Triplet Dad

Reaction score
I didn't see anything on the tracks. Before I spend $100+ on a new switch assembly does anyone have the pin out diagram for it so I can do some testing?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't see anything on the tracks. Before I spend $100+ on a new switch assembly does anyone have the pin out diagram for it so I can do some testing?

I had it but can't find it anymore.

Search threads on here, I think that's where I got it