Driver's Seat Belt Is Wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My driver's seat belt gets wet after a good hard rain. I am not sure where water is leaking in from. When I bought the Expy, the sunroof had something blocking the drain on the passenger side causing the headliner to get wet, but I fixed that and it is fine now. I have noticed a rip in the rubber door seal, but I have not pulled it off to see if maybe it is causing water to pool in around the seat belt.

Has anyone else had a leaky Expy that got the seat belt wet? What was the cause and fix for you?

OP
OP
K

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I pulled the rubber door gasket back today, and the ripped part is not near the seat belt. It doesn't look like it would let water in to the vehicle. I pulled the plastic pieces off and had a look around, but couldn't really find anything that looked like a source of water drips. There was a little bit of water on the handle. Now I am guessing it is the sunroof leaking in the left rear. I will have to remove the sunroof and check that out next.

OP
OP
K

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. I'll have to see if I can get it in the garage this weekend to dry off and see about cleaning the drain. Thanks Butch

toronado13

Reaction score
I'm sorry to be posting on a thread from 2015... but I'm really struggling with this right now. I have a leak inside the rear passenger seat belt. I assume it's b/c of a clog in the drain in my sunroof?

I've tried to run some trimmer line through the drains, but I don't think I can get to the drain hole in the rear part of the sunroof... without maybe taking it apart? Just looking for some advice from someone who had the same issue... what's the best attach plan? Do I need to fully rip this thing apart or what?

It's a 2017 Limited fyi.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be posting on a thread from 2015... but I'm really struggling with this right now. I have a leak inside the rear passenger seat belt. I assume it's b/c of a clog in the drain in my sunroof?

I've tried to run some trimmer line through the drains, but I don't think I can get to the drain hole in the rear part of the sunroof... without maybe taking it apart? Just looking for some advice from someone who had the same issue... what's the best attach plan? Do I need to fully rip this thing apart or what?

It's a 2017 Limited fyi.

Post this in 3rd generation and you will get more hits:boxing::boxing::boxing: